Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Make your own Febreze!

I'm not posting a photo, you know what Febreze looks like.  My cousin repinned this tip on Pinterest today.  I simply had to try it.  I love Febreze.  I hate paying up to $5 for a bottle of scented water though.


  1. Open empty Febreze bottle.
  2.  Add 1/8 c of your favorite fabric softener, 2 Tbsp baking soda, and fill with HOT water.
  3.  Put top back on bottle and shake.
You have your own bottle of homemade fabric refresher.  I just did it.  It's awesome.  Depending on your fabric softener, you may want to add a little more.  Some scents are stronger than others.  I used Gain Island Fresh.  It's not a very concentrated softener, so it's not too thick.  I could probably have used a little extra.  But I like my Febreze to be strong.  If you use an inexpensive, watery brand you may want to double up to 1/4 cup. 

I will NOT be buying another bottle of fabric refresher ever again.  As a matter of fact, when I get my next bottle of fabric softener in my preferred scent, Apple Mango Tango, I'll probably dump out my other bottle of store bought refresher and replace it!

Stephee

No comments:

Post a Comment