Monday, October 3, 2011

Rad Roasted Red Salsa


  • 6-8 tomatoes
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 1 Serrano pepper
  • 1 jalapeno pepper
  • 1 lime
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp chopped garlic

This was a learn-as-you-go recipe, so you see more peppers in my photo than I include in the ingredients.  Serrano peppers are very spicy so you should wear gloves and be very careful with them.  If you like very spicy salsa, add more.  I took out the seeds of my peppers prior to roasting.

Preheat oven to 375*.  Line baking sheets with foil.  Half tomatoes and onion.  Cap peppers, and remove seeds if desired.  Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until onions are translucent and peppers begin to blacken.



Before Roasting

After Roasting
Mince cilantro and garlic together, and allow to rest.  See, even my daughter likes to help!  She loves using that Chop 'N Prep!
Lauren Choppin' and Preppin'
Combine all of your ingredients in your food processor or Quick Chef and blend to your desired consistency.  I prefer chunky salsa, so mine has lots of lumps.  But this will whip up into a very nice saucy salsa like you see at your favorite restaurant.



The flavor...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!  So make it!  NOW!!!  And don't worry, if you can't find Serrano peppers, just plain old jalapenos will be fine.  This salsa is not going to last long.  Even my little one in the picture there, who doesn't eat salsa ever...she's eating this stuff.


Stephee




No comments:

Post a Comment