Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Herb Planters

I finally decided I was brave enough to try an herb garden.  Though garden is a big word.  I have 2 plants I brought home.  I didn't have any pots I liked so I looked around my kitchen for ideas.  I saw 2 empty glass containers that once went with a pizza stone set, that held spices and cheese.  Perfect!  The plants fit perfectly into the little glass vials.


Once I got them in I decided they looked a little plain and sad.  So I started to scour the kitchen for something to spoof them up.  Then I saw the fancy cupcake liners I bought.  The jars snapped into them as if they were made to fit together.  But something was still missing.  I found some beads, but they were too dark to see against the soil.  Then I found some ribbon.  I wound the ribbon around, used a bit of tape to secure it, and I have myself a couple of cute little planters.  Nothing fancy.  Nothing plain either.  Now let's hope my mint and cilantro stay alive!  And yes, my background is a piece of foil.  HAHA!  My family was very impatiently waiting for me to get out of their way so they could eat the steaks that just came off the grill.




No comments:

Post a Comment